Vegan Chewy Cashew Bars Recipe
Easy, Quick, Oil-Free, On-The-Go Option
If you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying snack that’s great any time of the day, before or after training, this is the one. Add these nutrient-packed bars to your meal prep rotation for the week ahead, so you’ll be prepared when hunger strikes between meals.
Chewy Cashew Bars
Servings: 10 bars
- Food processor
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper or silicone baking liner
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (or if canned, rinsed & drained)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 8 oz vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a food processor, combine the dates, cashews, chickpeas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and vanilla extract. Blend, but leave the mixture a little bit chunky.
- Shape the mixture into bars and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges become lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir the chocolate chips until melted. Coat the top of the bars with the melted chocolate and let cool to room temperature.
If you try my recipe (or any of my other recipes) make sure to tag me on social media @MeatFreeAthlete and use the hashtag #MeatFreeAthlete so I don’t miss it!