My Sicilian side has always loved, and appreciated, a good lasagna, so it was one of the first recipes I veganized when I ditched animal products. My recipe is a family favorite, and makes an awesome potluck option, or holiday dish.
- Deep Cooking Pot
- Deep Sauce Pan
- Casserole Dish
- 1 Box Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Package Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Shreds
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 Cups Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Jar Spicy Pasta Sauce (Spicy optional)
- 1 Package Gardein Ground – or any plant-based crumble of your choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Boil the pack of lasagna noodles
- Empty the pasta sauce and ground plant based meat crumbles into a deep sauce pan and heat
- When the noodles are done, start layering and building the lasagna!
- I put a little sauce on the pan before the first layer of noodles. Then alternate layers of the ground mock meat and sauce with cheese, noodles, layers of spinach, fresh mushrooms, a little sauce, and cheese, and so on
- Cover the lasagna with foil when it’s cooking because it helps the cheese melt and makes the lasagna moist and delicious
- Cook for approximately 30-45 minutes
- Take the foil off and put oven on broil for the last 10 minutes of cooking
If you try my recipe (or any of my other recipes) make sure to tag me on social media @MeatFreeAthlete and use the hashtag #MeatFreeAthlete so I don’t miss it!